Process Design Engineer - Aiken, SC
Location: Aiken, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
8711 Wadsworth Road
Wadsworth, Ohio 44281
This role will be responsible for design of new manufacturing processes for HV (High Voltage) / EHV (Extra High Voltage) substation, distribution and/or transmission products, including surge arresters and metal oxide varistors. The process design engineer will be responsible for designing and validating equipment and processes needed to launch new product designs to market in a high-volume manufacturing facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and specify manufacturing processes, equipment, and factory layouts in association with the launch of new product designs.
- Become proficient in existing manufacturing processes, and lead pilot runs of new product designs and prototypes in coordination with production operators.
- Prepare technical drawings, write statement of work documents, obtain quotes, and work with vendors to design new process equipment or modify existing equipment, as needed.
- Develop strong knowledge of applicable industry standards
- Contribute ideas for design projects (both new and revised) and recommend improvements to the manufacturing process.
- Implement corrective actions, process deviations, engineering change requests, drawing updates, and related activities as needed.
- Assist with root cause analysis for product field failures.
- Use Inventor, AutoCad, and related systems for management of engineering-controlled drawings.
Skills and Experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude, including hands-on experience with design, manufacture, and/or maintenance of process equipment
- Experience with high voltage electrical components, circuits, and/or materials is advantageous
- Experience with AutoCAD / Inventor, Solidworks, or similar 3D CAD programs
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with teammates
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Exposure to project management methodology is advantageous
- Ability to develop detailed work plans, schedules and specifications
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.