Continuous Improvement Manager - Birmingham, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Leeds, AL (Greater Birmingham Area)
Focus on continuous improvement efforts for the Connectors Business Unit. Position encompasses improvement in material flow, labor structure, facility layout, maintenance, and expenses to grow profitability by improving operations overall. This position is accountable for improvements in safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and productivity. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of implementing a Lean Transformation within an existing organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify cost reduction opportunities across all facets of the Business Unit including material cost take-out, product cost take-out, labor and burden structure, sourcing and facility expenses.
- Plan, maintain, and manage a pipeline for all productivity improvement projects to assure that annual productivity improvement goals are exceeded.
- Facilitate the writing of Approvals for Expenditure (AFE), track and report project savings and AFE’s status, and track capital expenditures to assure they are within planned targets.
- Assess the current situation regarding Safety, People Engagement, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and other aspects of the operation.
- Based on such assessment, develop a plan to improve performance into a World Class Manufacturing Operation.
- Collaborate with management to fine-tune and execute the plan.
- Provide constant follow-up and coaching, and report periodically to the management team.
- Develop and implement documented procedures, quality standards, 5S assessments, Gemba walks, etc. to improve Operations and overall performance.
- Develop and impart training in all Lean topics as necessary.
- Coach team through Problem Solving process.
- Periodically report status of progress and operations to leadership.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering; MS preferred
- 3 years of experience in engineering and manufacturing
- Demonstrated project management experience in working with cross-functional teams (engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, sourcing, and others)
- Experience in writing major expenditure requests or funding requests
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong team skills to communicate and influence all levels of the organization
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.