Training Specialist - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Leeds, AL (Greater Birmingham Area)
The Training Specialist will develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive employee training program for all assigned business units. This position will serve as the subject matter expert and is responsible for ensuring that all site training initiatives are implemented and executed per Company standards. This position is also expected to perform a wide variety of activities and all training programs aimed at driving excellence and efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the site's training requirements.
- Work with departmental managers to create curriculum and identify training needs.
- Plan, create, and coordinate training schedules for all assigned company departments, track and create reports on outcomes of all training and maintain training records for the company.
- Tailor training and set schedules according to department needs.
- Develop / Maintain training documents, instructions, processes.
- Train new hires on company policies and procedures and use the best training methods for a specific purpose or audience.
- Gather and evaluate information from employees and management on previous training to identify weaknesses and areas that need additional training.
- Recruit and train new trainers, delegate training tasks to the new Trainers and evaluate performance.
- Recommend training materials and methods, order and maintain in-house training equipment and facilities.
- Design and develop interactive training programs (outsourced or in-house) for corporate, HR training, compliance training, etc.
- Market training opportunities for employees in an engaging and compelling way that provides all necessary information and entices participation.
- Work with the team to increase depth of organizational knowledge and improve efficiency.
- Must be flexible, innovative and self- motivated.
- Other duties as assigned such as but not limited to improvement process.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years' experience in developing and delivering training programs.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word, & Outlook)
- Clear, energetic, and engaging presentation with strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems quickly.
- Comfortable with challenging the status quo.
- Ability to work with a team or independently and be a self-starter.
- Possesses strong communication skills, written and verbal.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.