Associate Manufacturing Engineer - Aiken, SC
Location: Aiken, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
1850 Richland Ave, East
Aiken, South Carolina 29801
Provide daily manufacturing engineering support to the business unit. Develop and implement machine and assembly process improvements focused on continuously improving safety, quality, manufacturing efficiency, and reliability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Manage capital projects from start to completion including writing AFEs (Authority For Expenditure).
Skills and Experience
- 3 - 5 years manufacturing experience in a lean and “hands on” environment
- AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Microsoft Access experience is a plus
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes, including assembly and testing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.