Manufacturing Engineer - Solon, OH
Location: Solon, Ohio
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Provide manufacturing engineering support to the various product lines at the Solon, Ohio and Contract Manufacturing facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Design, modify, implement tooling to support fabrication and assembly processes. Create models and drawings using Solidworks to source tooling from internal machine shop or external providers.
- Troubleshoot production problems and implement solutions based on root cause analyses.
- Create and maintain work instructions for both setup and operation of production equipment.
- Support and lead capital projects to improve Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost/Productivity. Make appropriate recommendations for capital expenditures and establish cost justification to gain approval.
- Create and maintain shop layout drawings for new or existing manufacturing cells.
- Take a lead role to design and validate processes and tooling needed for new products sold.
- Establish and maintain routings for manufactured products.
- Use lean manufacturing principles to drive manufacturing process improvements that support Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost/Productivity.
- Review drawings and bills of material as part of the ECN process.
- Investigate new technologies and options for equipment, design, and assembly.
Skills and Experience
- 2-4 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing techniques including Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, 5S, etc.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a wide array of variables.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of shop routings in SAP preferred.
- Working knowledge of Solidworks preferred.
- Working knowledge of PLCs preferred
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.