Location: Lenoir City, Tennessee
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
3621 Industrial Park Drive
Lenoir City, TN 37771
Buyer is responsible for purchasing materials, equipment, supplies and services of a specialized or complex nature in accordance with prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures. Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions, investigates and develops sources of supplies, prepares bid specifications, issues bid requests and reviews quotations. Interprets purchasing procedures to departments and vendors, as a specialist in assigned material categories, which require a degree of technical knowledge. This position requires the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Qualifies and selects vendors that will provide the best value to the Company relative to product quality, price and delivery.
- Manages supply chain risk relative to supply availability and vendor performance.
- Negotiates supply contracts (purchase costs, deliveries and lead times).
- Measures and reports vendor performances.
- Executes daily purchasing activities including proper authorization to purchase, purchase order input, accuracy, and distribution based on production demand.
- Interacts with all company departmental personnel and assists with supply chain issues.
- Implements process improvements within the supply chain.
- Review and process MRP messages from SAP.
- Issue and catalog Request for Quote (RFQ)
- Support manufacturing facility in emergency situations, including coordinating with relevant parties and procuring necessary resources
- Issue and manage Productivity/MCTO reports
- Perform other tasks and duties that may be assigned by your manager
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university;
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Efficient on Microsoft Word applications
- High degree of organization, discipline, self- motivation and evaluation
- Knowledge of ERP System Syteline & SAP preferred
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.