Innovation Project Manager - Shelton, CT
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Innovation Project Manager, reporting to the Director of Technology Management and the office of the CTO, will play a key role in supporting Hubbell’s electrical and utility business segments and technical leaders. They will work cross-functionally, across the enterprise to drive innovation tool advancements, process implementation support, and community engagement improvements. This is a high-visibility role supporting CTO office initiatives geared toward accelerating Hubbell’s next stage of growth. The preferred candidate should possess strong entrepreneurial traits, technical curiosity and strong knowledge of electrical and utility markets; along with a passion to contribute in a hands-on role with a dynamic range of projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage innovation tool projects from initiation to completion, ensuring timely delivery of project milestones.
- Define project scope, objectives, deliverables, and resource requirements.
- Coordinate and communicate with stakeholders to ensure project goals are understood and met.
- Monitor project progress identify risks and issues and implement appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Conduct post-project evaluations to capture lessons learned and identify areas for improvement.
Engineering Tools Support
- Serve as the primary point of contact for engineering tools support, troubleshooting, and training.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to address technical issues and implement enhancements.
- Provide guidance and support to users in utilizing engineering tools effectively.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and improve existing processes related to innovation and engineering tool utilization.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement process improvements.
- Analyze data and metrics to identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies and propose solutions for optimization.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and innovation within the organization.
- Collaborate closely with various stakeholders, including product managers, engineers, designers, and senior leaders, to gather requirements, define project objectives, and ensure alignment.
- Act as a liaison between cross-functional teams to facilitate effective communication and collaboration.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business.
- Proven experience in project management, preferably in innovation-driven environments.
- Familiarity with engineering tools and software used in product development (e.g., CAD, simulation tools, project management software).
- Familiarity with continuous improvement methodologies (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma) is a plus.
- Experience driving collaboration between Engineering and Product Leadership (VP/Director) to build a strong technical team culture (people management/mentorship, understanding engineering processes, hiring, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are needed to effectively present information and respond to questions from business leaders and cross-functional team members.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities concurrently
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.