Assembly Supervisor - Cromwell, CT
Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Responsible for supervising employees in assembly. Plans, assigns work, implements or communicates policies and procedures, recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. Produce required components while pursuing continuous improvement in areas such as scrap reduction and effectivity increases, while minimizing cost
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead teams that are focused on the primary purposes of daily operation through safety, quality, service, and productivity levels
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve.
- Manages department performance measures including visual controls and provides regular process to Operations Manager.
- Manages QDRs
- Performs accident investigations and remains proactive in all areas of safety
- Enters and maintains attendance and timekeeping
- Ensure hourly workforce is flexible and properly trained
- Support efforts to maintain ISO certification
Skills and Experience
- Experience with decisions concerning resource and production requirements
- Previous Supervisory experience required
- Knowledge of production schedule building
- 5-10 years of experience in a production setting
- Mechanical aptitude
- High School Diploma (Or equivalent) required
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.