Manufacturing Engineer - Hamilton, OH
Job Type: Not Specified
The Manufacturing Engineer is a hands-on position that is responsible for managing and implementing capital projects and improving processes development while maintaining and maximizing safety, quality, and efficiency for existing and new products.
Skills and Experience
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods by applying sound engineering principles in fixture design, problem solving, and material selection.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency and product flow. Must apply Lean Manufacturing methods.
- Confer with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Study specifications, engineering blueprints and shop data and confer with engineering and shop personnel to resolve design problems.
- Prepare tool and fixture concepts, coordinate review and approval by manufacturing staff and develop detail CAD drawings.
- Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluate products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions. Use MTM, MSD, Time Study, or similar formal system for factory time measurement.
- Evaluate and recommend practices related to metal forming, metal cutting, and heat treating.
- Confer with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential. Evaluate product lines and recommend changes in production methods, materials and product design to optimize throughput, quality and cost.
- Provide input to safety committee, Lean Manufacturing Teams, Customer service, QC, Purchasing, etc.
Language Skills - Good communication skills are key. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Mathematical Skills- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Experience working with consolidations.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Need to be able to exercise good judgment and decision making skills. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
3501 Symmes Rd. Hamilton, OH 45015
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.