Sr. Associate Quality Engineer - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Leeds, AL (Birmingham area)
The Sr. Associate Quality Engineer is responsible for the following functions for the Connectors Business Unit in Leeds, Alabama. The primary focus of this position will be on the reduction of scrap across three foundries running various alloys, as well as growing the effectivities of the foundry work cells, especially by focusing on grinding improvements and efficiencies along with taking the lead on new product. Quality Assurance is responsible for supporting daily operations, ensuring HPS quality standards are being met, improving the manufacturing process by removing waste, process documentation and ensuring the safety of all operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate activities with other management personnel as required.
- Must have broad view of the business and be willing to coordinate efforts in other areas as require
- Significant understanding of foundry operations along with sophisticated knowledge of sand systems
- Ensure process optimization, quality and profitability in designated areas
- Keep management apprised of progress and obstacles that constrain attainment of company objectives. More meaningfully, must be able to offer proposals for overcoming said obstacles
- Attend and participate in production planning meetings as the need arises
- Total awareness of the plant policies and environment as it pertains to the safety of other employees, operation of equipment, handling of equipment/materials, and visitors required.
- Critical to driving waste out of our production system through Lean techniques and other cost reduction initiatives
- Understand and supervise QA & Production performance as defined in foundry control plan(s).
- Totally engaged in over-all foundry scrap reduction efforts.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Experience in Quality Engineering within a Manufacturing environment
- Metal foundries and metal processing environments experience would be helpful but not requirement
- Must have practical knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and SAP systems
- Lean manufacturing would be a plus
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.