Software Engineer - Somersworth, NH
Location: Somersworth, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Sommersworth, New Hampshire
The Software Engineer will provide support for the development of new and improved test processes for use by the manufacturing and meter integration suppliers that support all Aclara products. Additionally, they will deliver on-site support of test systems for Aclara contract manufacturers, third-party integrators, meter manufacturers and customer owned facilities while providing mentorship and leadership skills to the larger Engineering group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, evaluate, and propose software productivity and quality improvements for the manufacturing operation.
- Design, develop, and maintain reliable software applications written in high level languages and modern technologies with limited guidance from Manager or Architect.
- Manage full Software Development Life Cycles of each project.
- Document all newly developed code, code modifications, and issue resolutions.
- Ensure department software version and bug tracking systems are updated in a timely manner.
- Use software development best practices and adhere to department software policies and procedures.
- Provide project status to management on a timely basis.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 1-3 years of development experience using VB.net, C# or equivalent object-oriented language.
- Understanding of database SQL Server or comparable database. To include advanced queries and database architecture setup.
- Experience in C#/GoLang/Powerbuilder/Python programming language with a focus on developing production and metering applications for various platforms such as desktop, mobile, and web.
- Experience in using software development tools and platforms such as Visual Studio, .NET framework, and Azure DevOps for continuous integration and deployment.
- Experience in ERP and Engineering Change systems such as SAP HANA and Fusion PLM.
- Experience in C#/GoLang/Powerbuilder/Python programming languages with a focus on developing metering applications for various platforms such as desktop, mobile, and web.
- Knowledge of 3rd party APIs and integrating them in built-in applications.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.