Senior Accounting Analyst - Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
701 Millennium Blvd
Greenville, SC 29607
The HES Segment Sr. Accounting Analyst reports directly to the HES Segment Director of Operations Finance, and interfaces regularly with the segment Controller, Assistant Controller & Operations Accounting Director. This role has responsibility for a variety of operational accounting activities. This position is responsible for supporting the ongoing maintenance of accurate, timely, and transparent operational accounting and reporting across the segment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the activities of standard costing, inventory valuation and related areas for 20+ operational sites (inclusive of annual standard revaluations).
- Gathers, summarizes and analyzes financial and KPI data related to the performance of multiple plants
- Supports high-visibility productivity and CapEx analysis
- Contributes to the system of internal controls that safeguards company assets and provides for integrity and propriety of financial transactions and activities, including support for periodic physical inventory counts and fixed asset verifications.
- Ensures compliance with applicable local, Segment, and Corporate internal controls and SOX policies.
- Supports the generation and review of business capital appropriation requests (AFE’s) and contributes to the process of planning for and monitoring ongoing capital project spending.
- Supports analysis and reporting around purchase commitments
- Helps to conduct follow-up audits to ensure compliance for selected significant capital investments
- Works on the deployment of efficiency cost saving and other programs that provide operating economies and improve profitability.
- Assist with fielding audits by internal audit, external audit and other audits and reviews as needed.
- Assists with acquisitions and integrations as needed
- Visits plants and other operational sites from time-to-time
Skills and Experience
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Computer Skills: Must have strong Microsoft Office experience including Excel and PowerPoint. Mid-to-large scale ERP system experience, (SAP) a plus. Experience with OneStream, Hyperion or similar financial reporting/consolidations software is a plus.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- 2 - 5 years of accounting experience with a large (preferably publicly traded) manufacturing company in an operations finance role
- SAP experience
- Familiar with requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act; Section 404
- Strong analytical skills, sophisticated Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work on eastern time
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and execute projects effectively
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge a plus
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.