Senior Validation Engineer - Firmware
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain test cases, plans, procedures and scripts for integration, verification, validation, functional, stress, and scalability testing, for NPI and field issue resolution, with minimal guidance from manager.
- Strong end customer perspective in developing product test plans.
- Drives projects to established commitments while ensuring full compliance to process and procedures.
- Strong time management skills, Ability to multitask in a multi-priority environment.
- Can cope with ambiguity and is able to parse information, analyze relevant facts, and make the right decisions quickly.
- Champion for Quality and Standards compliance. Coordinate with project team during planning, execution and reporting.
- Effectively interpret and communicate test plans, results and metrics.
- Participate in cross functional teams during new product development and issue resolution.
- Research methods, technology, regulations.
- Design, automation and implementation of custom testing applications and processes.
- Work with product marketing, design, and customer support to resolve issues.
- May work from home up to 2 days per week.
Skills and Experience
- Must possess at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field and at least 5 years of prior progressive work experience in software test development or a related field.
- Must also possess the following: at least 5 years of experience in test automation and tools such as .NET, C/C++, C# Java, Python, VB, XML, scripting; at least 5 years of experience with software development methods such as Scrum, Azure Dev Ops, Modern Requirements; at least 5 years of experience testing products based on embedded microprocessors; at least 3 years of experience in Quality management systems such as ISO; at least 3 years of experience with MSSQL Server; and at least 3 years of experience with Excel analyzing complex test data.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.