Buyer - Broken Arrow, OK
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Buyer, supporting our Broken Arrow business, is responsible for handling all purchasing activities related to a specific assigned commodity while leading and/or contributing to improvement and productivity related projects/activities. The Buyer will be called upon to negotiate with suppliers, drive continuous improvement in supplier performance and collaborate internally to achieve desired business outcomes. Requires a strong foundation of function skills and knowledge in relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage purchase order placement, confirmation, and updates.
- Meet with internal teams to review priorities and provide status updates on open orders.
- Meet with vendors regularly to review metrics and actions.
- Monitor orders to ensure suppliers are shipping on-time and expedite as needed.
- Assist in the resolution of supplier quality and payment issues.
- Support onboarding of new suppliers/vendors.
- Collaborate with sourcing and commodity managers to ensure the execution of sourcing initiatives.
- Develop process improvements, simplify workflows, refine practices, and resolve problems with the help of peers and leadership.
- Identify sources of supply, seek out the lowest total cost alternatives and develop solid working relationships with suppliers.
- Ensure an uninterrupted supply of materials while optimizing cost, lead-time, and quality.
- Conduct regular competitive quotation and analysis exercises.
- Provide support during negotiations with suppliers.
- Work closely with other functional areas to pursue alternative solutions, which will reduce our costs.
- Provide coverage for other team members during travel and vacation periods.
Skills and Experience
- Preferred BS/BA in Supply Chain Management or 3-4 years of sourcing/purchasing experience.
- Understanding of drawing nomenclature and familiarity with engineering terminology.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word, & Outlook).
- Solid experience with major MRP software/tools.
- Clear, energetic, and engaging presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems quickly.
- Ability to work with a team or independently and be a self-starter.
- Possesses strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Willingness to travel as needed (approx. 15%).
- Strong demonstrated SAP experience a plus.
- APICS/ASCM Certification a plus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.