Quality Engineer - Manchester, NH
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Manchester, New Hampshire
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for Planning and conducting activities concerned with the Light Industrial Quality Management System and industrial processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the overall Quality Management System per q1.4 and ISO-9001.
- Plans and conducts the quality analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or component.
- Monitor, record, communicate, score and conduct analysis on supplier materials and performance. Develop Quality Tools in the SAP operating system.
- Train personnel in the use of the Quality Tool in SAP.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and quality records.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Reviews all purchased products or components and provides input to the decision of whether to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor.
- Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Conduct Internal and External Audits and submit audit reports.
- Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
- Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality assurance activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four year college or university in Engineering; or five to eight years of related experience and/or training in Quality; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of ISO-9001:2015 preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Prior experience in writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Expertise in working with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Including the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratio’s and proportions to practical situations, SPC.
- Strong capability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.