Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell is seeking a local Site Manager to manage residential and commercial meter exchange projects for electric/gas utility companies. The Site Manager is tasked with assisting in all aspects of a project including budgets, scope management, installations, warehousing, safety and training, etc. The Site Manager will also be responsible for interfacing with the client’s project team and managing subcontractors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure on-time and on-budget execution of projects with high customer satisfaction ratings.
- Manage the site's project team (Field, Warehouse, Safety/Quality Supervisors).
- Manage subcontractors, including schedule, cost and quality.
- Liaison with client, defining/managing/prioritizing scope and schedule.
- Write change orders, SOWs and other project documentation (as applicable).
- Perform safety and quality audits.
- Administer issue management and escalation processes.
- Provide timely status reports.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree combined with at least 3 years of project site leadership experience in the utility industry (hardware installations or similar with geographic distribution). In lieu of degree, 6+ years of relevant experience will be considered.
- Experience working in a highly independent environment.
- Experience communicating on-site with internal and external field resources and clients.
- Proven ability to effectively manage project scope, budget, and resources.
- Strong knowledge of and proven ability to utilize Microsoft Excel (intermediate to expert level) and other Microsoft Office products (Word, MS Project, Power Point, Outlook, and Visio).
- Frequent standing, sitting, typing, speaking, walking, reaching, crouching, bending, and kneeling. Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.