Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell is looking for an experienced Field Supervisor to lead our team of Meter Installers. The ideal candidate will have supervisory experience in metering or a closely related utility-based function.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Train Meter Installers in proper safety and installation processes.
- Delegate assignments.
- Evaluate Meter Installer performance and ensure required efficiency is being achieved.
- Meet deployment schedule while achieving standards of safety, productivity, and quality of work.
- Mentor and guide installation crews, achieving low employee turnover and high morale.
- Resolve problem tickets in a timely, prescribed manner, including escalations to customer.
- Perform required safety inspections, tailboard sessions prior to work and in the field.
- Ensure project resources follow the required safety practices and installation processes.
Skills and Experience
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Utility and supervisory experience required. Associate degree combined with metering experience preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel to job sites in various geographies.
- Previous experience with automated work order management systems.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations and precautions.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Automated Meter Infrastructure (AMI) knowledge preferred.
- Physical ability to work in an outdoor environment, including, but not limited to: Walking, climbing, and stooping for up to 10 hours per day in various types of weather conditions.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.