Senior Territory Sales Manager - Los Angeles, CA
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Premise Wiring is committed to maintaining a tradition of excellence and delivering unmatched quality, innovation and reliability. Our solutions offer a fully integrated system of copper and fiber network cabling and components that are designed to exceed all applicable standards for performance and reliability.
Los Angeles, CA
The Senior Territory Managers’ primary responsibility will be to provide sales service and support to targeted end users and consultants, to identify project opportunities and to generate demand for Hubbell end to end solutions. Territory includes entire state of California.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage assigned territory in all aspects of sales, customer service, management, forecasting/reporting.
- Maintain full schedule of customer facing appointments to engage with end user customers and prospects, contractors and consulting/engineering/architectural firms to give product trainings, demonstrations and provide technical resources as needed to specify and sell Hubbell Premise Wiring products.
- Write Territory specifications for all Hubbell Premise Wiring / AccelTex solutions products with a focus on copper and fiber end to end solutions
- Engage Datacom and Electrical Contractors to assist with Design Build and Competitive Bid opportunities
- Engage with Channel/Distribution End User sales reps to position, design and specify Hubbell Premise Wiring products
- Build and maintain sales pipeline to match territory needs and forecasting
- Serve as a customer information center for literature and catalog requests, technical detail, drawings, and cross-reference information.
- Generate renewal paperwork for pricing and approval, verify accurate entry of contracts, and handle claim discrepancies between Shelton and distributor.
- Acquire outstanding product and Company policy knowledge.
Skills and Experience
A Bachelor's Degree or five (+) years of related data communications sales and territory management experience is desired.
RCDD or DCDC or OSP certification is a plus.
Demonstrate leadership qualities through outstanding work ethic and selling skills, having earned the respect of both customers and peers.
Demonstrate strong communication skills in all aspects of business and presentation skills.
Demonstrate excellent time management skills and maintain accurate account records.
MS Office proficient.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.