Machine Operator - Freeburg, IL
Location: Freeburg, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
501 West Apple Street
Freeburg, IL 62243
Will be floating in all positions of welding, grinding, spot welding, and vibrating
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate hand-welding and flame-cutting equipment such as oxyacetylene torch, electric arc machine, and robotic welding cells.
- Set up the install welding components/equipment according to set specifications.
- Conduct assessments to determine appropriate welding methods and equipment.
- Utilize braces and clamps to aligning metal components for welding.
- Prepare metal surfaces by cleaning with chemical solutions and wire brushes to remove impurities such as scale, rust, grease, and moisture.
- Spot welder cut or join together metal pieces using manual or semi-automatic welding machine
- Operate grinders and scrapers to prepare metal surfaces for welding operations.
- Inspect machinery and workpieces to ensure that they remain compliant with specifications to reduce any malfunctions and associated loss of production.
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints and routings and produce parts from the information obtained from them to the required tolerances.
- Follow all safety rules regarding machine operation and proper guarding.
- Responsible for the quality of the parts being produced and perform first piece inspections and subsequent inspections to ensure overall quality.
Skills and Experience
- Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machine and inspect parts.
- Poses and able to use inspections equipment to ensure the quality of the parts being produced. Must be equipped with all required tools to perform the functions of their job.
- Physically able to do the work requiring frequent standing, bending, and lifting up to 20 lbs. frequently and 40 – 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
- Welders ensure compliance with safety protocols by wearing protective gloves, masks, and boots.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.