DVP Floating Meter Installer
Location: Austin, Texas, Herndon, Virginia, Veazie, Maine
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Aclara SGS is seeking additional Meter Installers who will travel nationwide to various meter installation projects throughout the year.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have the desire and ability to travel throughout the U.S. and install at various project locations.
This team will help kickoff new projects, assist with advancing the progress at existing projects, and help with any other installation tasks where it is deemed vital. Responsibilities will include installation, training, and QA work.
This is an hourly position that requires 100% travel (covered by Company).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely and efficiently read and replace Electric, Gas, or Water meters
- Assist with the training and leadership of less-experienced installers
- Receive and return meters appropriately at beginning and end of shift
- Perform Quality Assurance audits as needed
- Politely and professionally interact with customers and employees
Skills and Experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Willingness and ability to travel 100% of the time and work Saturdays, as needed
- Comfortable interacting with customers while upholding Aclara SGS customer standards
- Ability to properly use assigned tools and work within safety guidelines
- Experience with technology, computers, and various software programs
- Previous experience in the utility industry
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.