Sourcing Agent - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Leeds, AL (Greater Birmingham Area)
We are seeking a diligent and resourceful Sourcing Agent to join our team. As a Sourcing Agent, you will play a vital role in identifying, evaluating, and procuring goods and services from suppliers to meet our company's operational needs. Your ability to assess supplier capabilities, negotiate favorable terms, and maintain strong supplier relationships will contribute to our procurement efficiency and overall success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with our corporate sourcing team on cost savings and resourcing projects
- Work with Product Engineers to develop cost effective product components
- Work closely with manufacturing management to ensure inventory goals are met
- Lead sourcing of major commodity, engineered, and proprietary items
- Identify new and/or alternate sources of supply
- Analyze proposals and negotiate best price, service, and delivery terms for purchased products and services
- Perform complex financial and cost analysis for projects and financial justifications
- Develop a project schedule and effectively implement and manage a multitude of projects
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or technical field
- 3+ years of experience in a materials role involving sourcing activities for a manufacturing operation
- Ability to read and interpret engineering prints and drawings
- Proficient in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have a solid understanding of manufacturing processes and materials
- Familiarity with Quality systems, processes, and requirements
- Demonstrated negotiation experience
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.