Business Development, Transmission Substation (Remote) - Kansas City, MO
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
This position will work remotely from the North Central Region of the US.
The Transmission and Substation Specialist will be the subject matter expert (SME) for the Transmission and Substation Market within the North Central region for Hubbell Power Systems products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Track and manage promotional work on major transmission and substation projects.
- Promote Hubbell Power Systems transmission capabilities as a tool for driving brand preference with end-user’s, EPC firms, and other key stakeholders
- Manage key consulting engineering firms
- Understand transmission and substation project opportunities
- Promote HPS transmission and substation product offering, capabilities, and services
- Support territory managers with product approvals at key accounts
- Provide technical support to end-users, consultants, territory managers
- Prepare presentations for customer meetings, seminars, industry meetings, etc.
- Work closely with business unit product marketing and engineering to assist and provide input for new product development plans
- Assist in preparation of technical publications
- Assist with coordination of project bids between business units and sales territories
- Understand market and market drivers, track transmission and substation project opportunities, identify new business and new product opportunities
- Communicate activities to supervisor, RVP’s and territory managers.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively to small and large groups
- BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of transmission engineering experience
- Ability to travel 50% - 60% on related business trips
- Motivated self-starter individual capable of working closely with a team environment
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS
- Transmission and Substation Product Sales
- Develop and Strengthen Relationships at Key Accounts
- Increase Specification Position
- Demonstration of Product Knowledge
- Transmission & Substation Market Knowledge
- Timeliness and Accuracy of Reporting and Updating Project Database