Leads/Finishing -1st Shift - Cuba, MO ($16.75- $17.75)
Location: Cuba, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
1 Andrew's Way
Cuba, MO 65453
This position requires attaching lead wires or terminals to the copper wire, securing and insulating these connectors from each other prior to applying insulating material and the nameplate to the outside layer of the unit per design requirements. Lead installation requires the use of hand tools and operating hydraulic or manual hand crimping tools to crimp connectors used to splice copper wire to lead wire or terminals. Finishing requires using taping machine and the ability to apply finishing insulation material by hand.
* Climate controlled facility. * Up to 4 weeks paid time off. * 11 Paid Holidays * Benefits *Competitive wages w/ a $1.50 shift differential for 2nd shift.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to operate hydraulic crimpers
- Ability to alter, trim and attach materials per work instructions such as wire, insulation and tape.
- Must be able to set up finishing machine, understanding settings and functions, and ensure machine is running properly to avoid unnecessary down time.
- Perform pre-inspection and post-inspection of cores and materials.
- Finish units to the production specification sheet.
- Ability to operate a hoist properly and safely.
Skills and Experience
- Read, use, and understand measuring devices
- Have the ability to stand for extensive periods of time
- Be punctual, reliable and have a good work ethic
- Must be able to work independently and foster teamwork with others
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.