Paint Operator - Weekend - Broken Arrow
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
Prepares surfaces and applies epoxy and urethane wet paints to obtain high-grade finishes on parts - or products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies masking tape and or caps to protect parts and components that are not to be coated.
- Wet coats surfaces of manufactured products with epoxy and urethane coatings.
- Adjust valves on spray gun to regulate width and pressure of spray.
- Pulls trigger and directs spray onto work surface to apply prime or finish coat.
- Properly cleans and maintains all spray equipment including booth maintenance.
- Make suggestions to supervisors for improvements associated with assigned work.
- Follow instructions; both written and verbal; from the lead person and production supervisors.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Inspect own work for conformity to standards.
- Assist in other areas as necessary.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are required
- Overtime, including weekends, as needed could be mandatory
- Must wear all PPE required for the specific work area
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- High school education or General Education Diploma (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and the multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward his/her work including striving for maximum production and quality of product.
- Possess self-motivated initiative to improve quantity, quality and maximum efficiency with all co-workers.
- Ability to use the tools required (gages, guns and pumps).
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to prioritize workload and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to multi-task as needed.
- Knowledge of proper use of safety equipment; i.e. safety glasses, ear plugs, and work boots where necessary.
PHYSICALS DEMANDS & WORK ENVIROMENT:
- Ability to move about the facility moving product
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 54 pounds.
- Requires long periods of standing.
- Use of hands required extensively
- Work usually takes place in a manufacturing/warehouse environment where conditions can be reflective of the outside elements.
- Full mask respirator with carbon filters or make up air, full paint suit and gloves must be worn at all timed during the coating process to protect the painter from fumes and particles.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.