Supervisor Technical Services
Location: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Based out of the state of VIrginia and North Carolina in the local utility service territory
Aclara, a Hubbell company, is looking for an experienced Field Supervisor to lead our team of Mobile Meter Installers. The ideal candidate will have supervisory experience in metering or a closely related utility-based function.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Train Meter Installers in proper safety and installation processes.
- Delegate assignments.
- Evaluate Meter Installer performance and ensure required efficiency is being achieved.
- Meet deployment schedule while achieving standards of safety, productivity, and quality of work.
- Mentor and guide installation crews, achieving low employee turnover and high morale.
- Resolve problem tickets in a timely, prescribed manner, including escalations to customer.
- Perform required safety inspections, tailboard sessions prior to work and in the field.
- Ensure project resources follow the required safety practices and installation processes.
Skills and Experience
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Utility and supervisory experience required. Associate degree combined with metering experience preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel 100% of the time to job sites in various geographies.
- Previous experience with automated work order management systems.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations and precautions.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Automated Meter Infrastructure (AMI) knowledge preferred.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.