Group Lead - Wet Packing - Broken Arrow
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The working Production Team Lead III is an entry level position for the work cell production line employees. This position is responsible for the overall KPI’s and general management of the employees in the cell.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Production Leads are required to be clocked in 15 minutes prior to the start of the shift and remain up to 15 minutes after the end of the shift.
- Provide leadership and line management to the work cell crew, assisting in coordinating workloads, providing support, monitoring issues, ensuring production targets, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and quality standards are met for the work cell.
- Aid in ensuring people and resources are applied in an efficient and effective manner, that the team follows defined standard work procedures while achieving quality and safety standards.
- Reinforce and lead by example full adherence to 5’s (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) practices.
- Support work order closures and stock control transactions.
- Assist in performing root cause analysis and resolving problems in work cell, keeping management fully communicated throughout the process.
- Being a committed participant in undertaking requires continuous training and development, during the timeline expected and as required for the position.
- Assist management in routine performance, quality, safety, and attendance corrective actions with employees in your work cell.
- Required to communicate and maintain your work cell’s production metrics and information and at times communicate results to various levels of organization in both formal and informal settings.
- Assist in monitoring time and attendance and ensure compliance with policy.
- Assist in carrying out incident, accident and non-conformity investigations and associated reporting and action closure.
- Interface as required with Production Scheduling to determine schedules for shift production.
- Leading by example is important in this role. This requires you to begin to develop and learn how to lead your team positively and build a culture of respect and teamwork for all.
- You will be required to adhere to all the same policies and procedures your crew must follow, with even stricter standards.
In the event you receive any type of corrective action warning, based on a rolling 12-month calendar, the following will be the process:
- Audit Operator PMs on cell equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1st violation: documented warning and placed on probation period – training might be required.
- 2nd violation: removal from Lead role, returned to workforce at pay level appropriate for position.
Skills and Experience
Required Qualifications & Trainings:
- At least three (3) months as a Hubbell employee. (Temporary time does not count.)
- General understanding of Microsoft Applications. (Training provided at request)
- Execute transactions in SAP. (Specific training will be provided)
- Ability to participate and Lead in a team-orientated environment.
- Prior to moving into the position, the candidate must have at least six (6) months of no written or verbal warnings.
- 10-hour OSHA training required (company paid).
- Required to attend Lean 101 training.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees, or visitors.
- Basic mechanical and mathematic skills
- Positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop leadership skills that bring teams together.
- Lifting to 35 pounds
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or bend
- Work at heights of up to 30 feet above the ground
- Work around electricity
- Lift, pull, push and reach using a full range of motion
- Work in dusty, smoky, and wet areas at times
- Work usually takes place in a manufacturing environment where conditions can be reflective of the outside elements.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.