Warehouse Group Leader - 1st Shift
Location: Goffstown, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Duties and Responsibilities
- Hold pre-shift meetings with previous shift Group Leader and organize plan.
- Direct associates to work stations as needed.
- Responsible in part for training & development of Associates including procedures and equipment.
- Run daily reports as required.
- Hold Toolbox Safety Meetings and participate in Safety Campaigns
- Assist in appraising the performance and disciplinary review of Associates.
- Assist with yearly Physical Inventory
- Observes safety & security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; use equipment & materials properly
- Additional duties as assigned
- Enforces safety standards, policies, practices, visual aids, and procedures within your area of responsibility to ensure safety remains a top priority of the team.
- Manage tasks and people within the warehouse management system to ensure orders are shipped efficiently and correctly throughout the day.
- Communicate to associates and management through visual aids and daily team status meetings to ensure clarity from top to bottom of the organization.
- Implement all improvement initiatives in order to improve safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Escalate personnel or equipment issues to the supervisor in order to address them.
- Ensure new associates are trained to standard work and understand all company policies.
Skills and Experience
- Strong basic mathematical skills
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work independently & multitask, self-motivated and be a team player
- Ability to use material handling equipment; picking truck and side loader as well as pallet jack and forklift
- General computer skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.