Group Leader - 1st Shift, Light Manufacturing
Location: Goffstown, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
7 Aviation Park Dr. Londonderry NH 03053
1st Shift Group Leader Light Manufacturing
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the processing of all jobs in the assigned area, and assign team members to work centers on all shifts.
- Communicate with management, production control, setup people, operators, and support personnel to sustain proper workflow.
- Adjust daily work plan for expedites and priorities from other plant areas.
- Collect and record data on setups, downtime, quantities, and return to stock.
- Monitor and report on performance measures such as throughput time, labor utilization, quantities, and safety. Communicate this information to management.
- Create put-away sheets, and manage pallet movement.
- Provide hands-on assistance in any team function when needed.
- Provide training for team members, including but not limited to job functions, safety, and quality.
- Perform administrative tasks such as; resolving job packet issues (errors, drawing discrepancies, etc.). Reporting bill and routing issues. Resolving material return-to-stock. Monitor team’s skill and training needs.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities and initiate activities to ensure that the savings are realized.
- In the foreperson’s absence, provide backup for all duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Skills and Experience
- The ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, detailed short correspondence
- Must be able to clearly and effectively present information to employees of the organization.
- Must have the ability to train team members in a variety of subjects
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished
- Mechanical inclination. Familiarity with pneumatic pumps, light plumbing and powered hand tools.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.