Business Development Manager (Remote) - Atlanta, Georgia
Location: Aiken, South Carolina, Archdale, North Carolina, Arden, North Carolina, Aurora, Illinois, Austin, Texas, Avon, Connecticut, Belmont, New Hampshire, Blawnox, Boonton, New Jersey, Bradenton, Brewster, New York, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, Bronx County, New York, Brooklyn Park, California, Centralia, Missouri, Clayton, Columbia, South Carolina, Corona, California, County Clare, Crestview Hills, Kentucky, Cromwell, Connecticut, Cuba, Missouri, Fenton, Missouri, Freeburg, Illinois, Gainesville, Florida, Goffstown, New Hampshire, Greenville, Alabama, Hamilton, Hammond, Louisiana, Herndon, Virginia, Huntsville, Alabama, Jefferson, Georgia, Katy, Kent, Washington, Knightdale, Lake Forest, California, Largo, Florida, Le Roy, New York, Leeds, Alabama, Lenoir City, Tennessee, Lincoln, New Hampshire, Longmont, Colorado, Los Angeles, California, Lumberton, North Carolina, Manchester, New Hampshire, Mayville, Wisconsin, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, Middletown, New York, Mount Vernon, New York, Murfreesboro, New Berlin, Wisconsin, New York, New York, Newton Falls, Ohio, Oklahoma City, Ontario, Ontario, California, Palatka, Florida, Pennsauken Township, Plympton, Massachusetts, Reading, Richmond, Rocky Mount, Rolling Meadows, Illinois, Round Rock, Texas, Rowland Heights, San Antonio, Scotland, Shelton, Connecticut, Solon, Ohio, Somersworth, New Hampshire, South Bend, Indiana, St. Louis, Missouri, Staffordshire, Stonington, Connecticut, Tulsa, Oklahoma, Vacaville, California, Virginia Beach, Virginia, Wadsworth, Ohio, Wellesley, Westbury, Winsted, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell’s Wildlife Mitigation Business Unit (WMBU) develops world class products and solutions that eliminates power outages due to wildlife contact in power distribution and substations. We have an opportunity for a Business Development Manager to lead a team of Sr. Product Specialists accountable for achieving quota targets.
The team is based in US and Canada and is expected to deliver impactful customer presentations, demonstrations and develop marketing programs designed to gain market share. This position maintains close contact with top customers to ensure alignment in strategy and New Product Development.
Our Business Development Manager will be responsible for driving business development at existing and new accounts. The individual will utilize technical and economical knowledge of the Utility Market to profitably create demand & increase sales penetration in this market.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for the Business Development Team in support of WMBU objectives
- Work in conjunction with the Territory Managers/RVPs to develop and maximize all opportunities for Wildlife Mitigation Business Unit
- Maintain and analyze specific Vertical Market End Customers Databases, Top Engineers/Specifiers Database, and participate with sales management in setting sales strategy and goals. Deeply understand the competitive market and strategy.
- Lead and support Sr. Product Specialists in achieving their yearly performance objectives.
- Responsible for oversight of the HUS SF.com opportunities to ensure accurate visibility by Management.
- Perform presentations at key IOU/PP accounts
- Develop new product plans with Product Manager within the applicable vertical market to support successful introduction through VOC interviews and data collection.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to execute on strategic Hubbell plans, creatively solve problems, and enhance greater collaboration.
Key Performance Indicators
- Develop a portfolio of key strategic customers
- Achieve sales/profits targets in Wildlife Mitigation
- Emphasis on specification within end users, OEMs, and EPC Contractors
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Sales Management role and/or selling solutions
- 5 - 10 years Utility or manufacturing, distribution management or B2B experience
- Communication: Builds alignments and partnerships to accomplish goals; Clearly communicates goals, visions and ideas; Knows how to leverage internal networks to get things done.
- Relationship Management: Ability to build strong relationships with key decision makers; Track record managing complex sales relationships in a technical environment. Existing strong relationships with IOU would be a major asset.
- Team Leadership: Inspires others to accomplish goals; earns respect and trust; motivates teams, leverages skills and provides supports; promotes team effectiveness.
- Strategic Thinking: Anticipates new challenges and develops long term plans and solutions.
- Project Management: Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
- Computer Skills: Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail, and other PC application skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50%; position has flexibility to work remote
- Relevant education will also be considered.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.