QA Inspector B - Weekend - Broken Arrow
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
Primary responsibility is to approve incoming materials, in-process production, first articles, and maintain
compliance to ISO 9001 through process audits and by confirming specifications; conducting visual and
measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production Leads and Supervisor. The quality
inspector will assist in the improvement and implementation of Lyall’s Quality Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs first article, in process, final inspection and testing.
- Conducts process audits.
- Updates and maintain training matrix and training files
- Researches and updates all current employees training history to ensure they are current with revision procedures.
- Trains employees on the quality policies, visual acceptability, measurement processes and process procedures as required.
- Performs product and component tests.
- Identifies and generates opportunities for process improvement.
- Participates in the internal audit process.
- Must wear all PPE required for the specific work area.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is required.
- When reliable, dependable performance requires reliable and dependable attendance, an employer can insist all employees, including those with disabilities, meet attendance requirements.
- Overtime, including weekends, as needed could be mandatory.
- Does not require Lyall to provide accommodations that compromise performance quality.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience
Reasoning Ability and Other Skills:
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively to various levels in the company.
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proficient with measurement tools such as calipers, micrometers, gauge pins, height gauges, paint mils tester, surface finish gauges, gauge blocks, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- File correspondence and other records according to the company file plans.
- Must be able to read and comprehend complex instructions, engineering drawings, bill of materials, test reports, correspondence, and memos.
- Effectively present information and work with managers, individual salespeople, customers and factory floor/support personnel.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.