Research Project Manager - St Louis, MO
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Research Manager is a junior member of the Hubbell research leadership team. The Research Manager will act as project manager on qualified Hubbell research initiatives, documenting schedule and scope, ensuring timely execution, and periodically reporting status. They will also work with the commercial and financial organizations as necessary to ensure smooth project execution. Qualified candidates will have some research experience, be financially literate, and have experience managing R&D projects in an industrial setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as project manager for Hubbell research initiatives; Work with the technical team and principal investigator to determine research objectives, deliverables, and schedule; ensure timely execution
- Make periodic status reports on all research efforts to VP, Research
- Monitor available and needed resources; administer vendor and partner financial relationships
- Work with business leaders to determine research project objectives align with business strategy and quantify value of technology
- Communicate commercial objectives and outcomes of research to technology and commercial stakeholders
Skills and Experience
- M.S. in electrical engineering or computer science.
- MBA or equivalent
- 1-2 years experience in new technology project management
- Demonstrated technical competency in at least one of power systems, remote sensing, or data science
- Familiarity with agile project management, preferably in a research environment
- Ability to think strategically about applied research and development
- Experience with MS Office, particularly MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Excellent communication skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.