Program Manager (Hybrid) - Largo, Florida
Location: Largo, Florida
Job Type: Not Specified
Beckwith is the leading provider of innovative solutions for Smart Grid Volt/VAr Optimization (VVO) and Conservation Voltage Reduction (CVR). The capacitor controls and regulator/LTC controls designed by Beckwith Electric incorporate advanced features to enable maximum benefits to be derived from an Integrated Volt/Var Management (IVVM) system. When distribution system is experiencing high penetration of DERs, features such as Smart Voltage Reduction and Smart Reverse Power can be applied to operate properly as stand-alone controls with no communications, or as a critial part of an overall centralized IVVM system with extensive communications.
118th Avenue North
Responsible for efficiently managing the execution of project completions from Product Development to Manufacturing. Spearhead NPI and sustainment deliverables, including serving as the primary coordinator for project issues, creating and managing project timelines and deliverables, providing status to Hubbell's management team, coordinating cross-functional teams and adhering to high communication and professional standards. This is a key leadership role within the corporation driving operational objectives that meet customer and market requirements, while maintaining timeline and budget to reduce Hubbell's risk. This position will work collaboratively with teams of Engineers, Product Managers, Marketing, Manufacturing, Software Developers, Sales, Quality Assurance, Customers and other Hubbell resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead new product development initiative and sustainment projects from start to finish, including:
o Develop and maintain the project schedule.
o Communicate status to Business Unit leadership and Segment Executive team as scheduled.
o Manage program and project teams for optimal return-on-investment.
o Identify and manage risks and issues. Drive the team to “out of box” thinking and creative issue resolution.
o Prepare and execute countermeasures against schedule and cost slips.
o Facilitate issue resolution across departments and escalates as appropriate.
o Adhere to and enforce project processes, methodologies and program standards.
- Provide oversight and coordination with Engineering, Software, Manufacturing, Test, Production, Marketing and other Hubbell teams and business units throughout the product development lifecycle including:
o Plan, organize and monitor the completion of requirement definitions, functional specifications, product design specifications, design documents, and system and technical architecture definition.
o Implement design-to-cost principles to meet cost goals and monitor cost status
o Coordinate cross-functional activities including but not limited to electro-mechanical, manufacturing, embedded firmware, hardware, software and systems design teams, including functional partners, in the development of Hubbell products.
o Interface with OEMs, external suppliers and design partners to ensure adherence to schedule and quality of delivery.
o Support Product Management in orchestrating the definition of functional requirements, ensuring product-cost and project schedules meet market needs and understanding the project business case.
o Coordinate the product development, customer delivery team and test personnel during Alpha, Beta, First Article, Product and System Acceptance tests, and certification requirements of new products and systems.
o Coordinate with the Product Marketing and Operations team to ensure that a Commercialization plan for new products is in place.
- Create regular status reports summarizing status of projects including ETC, EAC, financials, risks, mitigations, contingencies and impact to revenue and presents to senior management.
- Work closely with Hubbell business leadership and project teams to deliver successful on-time implementations.
- Understand customer delivery requirements and revenue targets to guide decisions to achieve the desired outcome.
- Participate in various organizational initiatives including:
o Template design and creation
o Internal projects that may relate to sales, customer support, training, or engineering
o Implementation of project management tools
o Provide project management training as appropriate.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business.
- 7+ years of directly relevant experience managing the implementation of NPI and Sustainment projects.
- Strong organizational, analytical and project management skills combined with technical aptitude.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Skilled in project planning and project management.
- Knowledge and/or implementation of “stage gate”, or similar product development process.
- Adaptable, results oriented, and effective at managing change, and proven team building capabilities.
- Skilled at managing conflict and effectively working through to quick resolution.
- Advanced degree in technical or business discipline.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of power industry, particularly related to controls and actuators
- Active PMP Certification and/or MBA.
- Lean/six-sigma training and experience.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.