Firmware Engineer - St. Louis, MO
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
77 West Port Plaza Suite 500
St Louis, MO 63146
Provide technical excellence in developing firmware associated with high volume electronic products within the AMI industry. Contribute to the development of documentation and firmware deliverables from concept to production launch. Participate in product deployment and provide support in resolving customer technical support issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop firmware requirements, design, architecture and code for new products.
- Develop unit and integration test methods to ensure system meets requirements.
- Follow proper firmware design processes for high reliability firmware.
- Ensure designs exceed requirements of governing agencies (e.g., FCC, FM, U/L, ANSI, etc.). Participate in verification testing required to allow listing with these agencies, where applicable.
- Help establish and follow proper firmware design processes for high reliability firmware.
- Analyze and resolve field problems by performing root cause analysis to determine effective preventive action.
- Support the work of other engineers on project teams.
- Contributor in technical and peer reviews of colleagues’ deliverables
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Coursework and/or internship experience in analysis, design, coding, and testing of C or C++ code for embedded systems.
- Experience using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and function generators.
- Understanding of hardware interfaces.
- Work equally well independently and at the direction of others.
- Strong critical thinking / problem solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.