Power BI Developer - Remote
Location: Aiken, South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Power BI Developer is responsible for designing, building, publishing, and maintaining Power BI (PBI) solutions that efficiently transform data into relevant, timely and useful knowledge. Will also provide interactive and simple-to-understand PBI dashboards, KPI scorecards, reports, and visuals, while promoting consistency and standardization in PBI development across the enterprise. This position will report to the HUS Manager, Reporting & Analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, validate, deploy, and document Power BI solutions as assigned using Power BI Desktop and Power BI Services.
- Connecting to, and transforming data sources, within an SAP/PBI environment.
- Drafting efficient and effective DAX queries in Power BI desktop.
- Assisting PBI data consumers in defining, documenting, and prioritizing their data needs.
- Training PBI users in the use of developed PBI solutions.
- Efficiently connect to data sources, importing and transforming data as needed for Power BI Report development, ensuring solutions are scalable and utilize enterprise approved IT tools and infrastructure.
- Convert business needs for knowledge and insight into technical PBI specifications.
- Positively influence others by providing clear direction on PBI development and maintaining the integrity of business processes and performance management.
- Understand and anticipate business requirements, and develop data models accordingly – target delivering the “needed for tomorrow” not simply the “requested for today”
- Establish and maintain timetables for the completion of assigned tasks.
- Assist with Ad Hoc data inquiries as needed.
- Training of Power BI end users on relevant PBI apps.
- Make recommendations for improvement of enterprise IT tools / infrastructure. Work with HUBS IT to ensure Hubbell toolsets remain current and effective and that enterprise datasets are well designed and meet the business needs of HUS
- Collaborate with teams outside HUS to share toolsets and best practice related to metrics, reports, dashboards, and analytics
- Effectively communicate with management across all HUS business units to ensure available metrics, reports, dashboards, and analytics tools are understood and used to manage processes appropriately
Skills and Experience
- BS/BA in computer science, information systems or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Development experience with Power BI data analysis and visualizations.
- Experience in an SAP environment is highly preferred as SAP tables loaded into Azure will be primary data sources for Power BI developments.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with various internal teams across multiple levels of the organization.
- Results-oriented with a track record of successfully delivering on time solutions in complex, fast-paced, multiple priority environment.
- Advanced DAX, MS SQL, Power Query (M) and excel skills for data extraction and analysis
- Comfortable working with large datasets: merging, appending, pivoting, grouping etc.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and extracting data from SharePoint lists and libraries.
- Analytical, problem-solving mindset.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.