Group Leader - Reading, PA
Job Type: Not Specified
GAI-Tronics owned by Hubbell Incorporated, is the world's largest company focused on the communication needs of the world's industrial markets. Founded in 1946, GAI-Tronics' earliest products set the industry standard for durability and reliability. While maintaining our commitment to the principles of quality and customer service, today's GAI-Tronics aggressively applies leading edge technology to solve the world's most challenging communication needs, and is backed by stability, reputation, and financial strength of Hubbell Incorporated, a worldwide leader in electrical and electronic products. Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It is this talent that we consider to be our company's greatest asset.
3030 Kutztown Road
Reading, PA 19605
In addition to normal work assignments, group leaders work with supervisors and managers to provide departmental supervisory support.
Duties and Responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Direct operators in daily operations on the production floor.
- Train operators in daily routine of building products.
- Schedule runs according to priority or similar setups, within scheduling limitations.
- Assist with performance reviews and minor disciplinary actions.
- Assist in meeting manufacturing priorities. This may include making recommendations to work overtime (if production works overtime, it may be mandatory that a group leader works overtime).
- Work with other departments such as Engineering and Quality Assurance to solve problems as they arise and make supervisors aware of these situations.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards the company and its goals.
- Maintain confidentiality towards issues such as: performance reviews, disciplinary actions of employees in department and any sensitive information shared about subordinates (should only share information with upper management).
- Accurately maintain necessary production records.
- Assist in maintenance of process sheets.
- Assist in inventory control.
- Set up jobs as required.
- Observe Safety Policy and Procedures are followed.
Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three or more years previous assembly experience
- Leadership ability, a clear understanding of department function
- Ability to prioritize work assignment
- PC literacy helpful
- Requires good hand and eye coordination, finger dexterity.
- Must be able to distinguish and identify different components/part colors.
- Mobility and ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.