Human Resources Manager - Freeburg, IL
Location: Freeburg, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Human Resources Manager role will play a key role by providing both tactical and strategic support through daily interactions with key business leaders in Hubbell Electrical Products (EP). This partnership will foster strong relationships to drive company and business group strategic goals. The incumbent will be involved in projects, continuous improvement activities, and the day-to-day operations of a manufacturing plant of approximately 140 employees in a union environment. This position will report to the Director of HR for EP and be based in Freeburg, IL.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide sound advice and counsel to management on all labor relations matters; direct point of contact and manage the local union contract at the site.
- Partner with HR and business leaders to drive integrated HR and business initiatives and support and foster a culture of engagement and high performance.
- Partner with the HR Centers of Excellence (CoE) and other functional partners (Legal, Finance, IT, etc.) to ensure alignment and effective delivery of HR support/services to the business.
- Support all people initiatives and practices including recruitment, talent, leadership development, performance management, organizational design, compensation, benefits, diversity, etc.
- Manage and provide HR direction and strategy in relation to the union contract at the site.
- Provide sound advice and counsel to management on all employee and labor relations matters; ensure employees and managers receive the appropriate counseling, guidance and support on employee and labor relations issues.
- Develop staffing plans and forecasts, succession plans, directs recruiting actions, and manages reductions in force.
- Develop and implement programs to maintain positive employee relations and to build relationships with local communities and business/educational institutions.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Coordinate annual benefit enrollment processes.
- Responsible for hourly time and payroll hours reporting including vacation, sick pay, etc.
- Responsible for administering all benefits programs incl. medical, dental, life insurance, disability, and 401(k).
- Responsible for training, educational reimbursement, and new hire orientation programs.
- Perform HR transactions such as promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations of all hourly, non-exempt, and exempt employees.
- Responsible for all state and federal reporting for OSHA (see above), EEO, Veterans, and Employment.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or Human Resources
- 5-7 years of relevant and progressive Human Resources experience in a complex Business Partner role or broad HR leadership position with heavy employee relations experience; manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with all staff levels and backgrounds
- Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail and other PC application skills; familiarity with SAP preferred
- Strong Employee Relations experience with the ability to provide guidance with and conduct investigations of concerns and complaints; involve appropriate individuals, seek Legal advice, when appropriate, and successfully resolve employee relations issues with credible, creative and consistent solutions
- Coordinate projects; communicate changes and progress; complete projects on time
- Exceptional relationship building skills and ability to partner with colleagues to influence broader HR strategies and practices to link HR strategy to business goals for the benefit of the enterprise
- Strong consulting, influencing and negotiation skills on all HR disciplines including recruitment, talent, leadership development, performance management, organizational design, compensation, and diversity
- Exceptional judgment, demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing alternative solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented with a track record of success in delivering on business objectives
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.