Warehouse Associate I (1st Shift) - Aurora, IL.
Location: Aurora, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
945 Corporate Blvd.
Aurora, IL. 60502
The Warehouse Associate role is responsible for a wide range of tasks to help ensure efficient overall operations of the Hubbell DC (distribution center). Work assignments and tasks can change on a daily basis based on the immediate needs of the company but typically include picking orders, packing product, loading/unloading trucks via forklift, and assisting in facility housekeeping.
Position Schedule: Monday-Friday, 6am-2pm
Duties and Responsibilities
- Flexible to work in all areas and tasks of the warehouse including but not limited to small parcels, ups area, shipping/receiving tasks, and dock areas
- Able to accurately and efficiently put-away or pick materials via material handling equipment
- Must load material in a manner to ensure damage-free shipments and per customer specific requirements.
- Required to stage material, prepare documents for reporting inbound and outbound shipments, process UPS inbound shipments and returned goods.
- Able to operate a reach truck, forklift, or other material handling equipment.
- Must have the ability to read routing sheets, have the ability to satisfactorily use provided tools.
- Comply with a company policies, procedures, and safety guidelines.
- Participate in team/safety meetings.
- Maintain the cleanliness and integrity of the facility through the 5s methodology.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in warehousing and forklift operation is preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age by the start of the position
- Able to perform work for a minimum of eight hours in fast-paced environment
- Able to walk, hear, see, and have full use of both hands.
- Able to lift, carry, push, and pull 5 - 50 lbs. from floor to waist and waist to floor.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at once and is detailed-results oriented.
- Able to be flexible and demonstrate the ability to adjust to sudden changes in operational goals/demands, including overtime
- Working knowledge of SAP is preferred.
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out simple instructions from oral or written communications.
- Current certification on warehouse equipment is a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is desired
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.