Plant Manager - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
8100 Churchill Ave
Leeds, AL 35094
The Plant Manager for our Switching and Fusing Operation in Leeds, AL will provide leadership and is responsible for all aspects of the plant operation; personnel, productivity, on-time delivery performance, cost, budgeting/forecasting as well as asset management. Manage and develop a team in a fast-paced environment with a commitment to process improvements in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery performance and inventory management utilizing business practices/processes to include 5S, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma. Deploy company and factory policies and strategies to staff throughout the manufacturing operation and translate them into business, team and personnel goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop Staff and culture within the business unit dedicated to the highest levels of safety, quality, and customer service thru a collaborative team environment.
- Manage and direct overall manufacturing activities of the Business Unit.
- Maintains a safe working environment consistent with all local, state and OSHA requirements.
- Originates, measures, and improves key indicators for the business unit (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Cost).
- Ensures the quality systems are established and maintained.
- Continues to enhance the LEAN culture. Ensures the production area maintains a clean, well-organized environment through “continuous improvement” and 5S. Implements and drives “continuous improvement” activities by eliminating non valued added activities in the manufacturing process (waste elimination).
- Develop budgets and forecasts. Approves expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet productivity and customer requirements.
- Ensures production capacities are sufficient to meet short and long term needs.
- Establishes work requirements and ensures production schedules are met.
- Provide thought leadership and direction for highly MTO/ETO production facility unitizing SAP.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- Experience as a Plant Manager, Director of Operations or Operations Manager – preferably in a medium to heavy manufacturing environment and prefer low volume/high mix environment.
- Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent materials planning skills
- Excellent communication and training skills
- Dynamic, results oriented, metric driven, disciplined leadership
- Staff development and engagement skills
- Welding, Fabricating, Warehouse & Logistics experience
- SAP experience
- Experience working in a union environment
- Operational Excellence or Lean Certification
- TPM Experience
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.