Material Handler #2 - Mayville, WI
Location: Mayville, Wisconsin
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Gleason Reel Corporation is a worldwide leader in the production of industrial duty products for cable & hose management, mobile electrification and industrial workplace solutions. In February of 1996, Gleason Reel was acquired by Hubbell Inc., and became part of the Hubbell Electrical Systems Group. Along with Hubbell standards, our world-renowned brand names include: Gleason® Reels, Festoons and Conductor Bars, PowerTrak® Cable Carriers, as well as Qualtech® Document Stands which are sold under Hubbell Workplace Solutions® division.
600 South Clark Street
Mayville WI 53050
The Material Handler #2 is an individual that has attained all of the skills and abilities listed below to the point that he/she can perform these responsibilities with supervision or instructions to be able to.
- Operate stand-up and sit-down forklifts to move loads throughout the plant and supply production with required materials grouped according to production orders to enhance productivity and maintain product flow.
- Operate stand-up and sit-down forklifts to disburse parts to designated areas and collect parts for orders and assembly requirements.
- Maintain “5 S” organization of materials within the department.
- Deliver completed materials to areas specified.
- Remove scrap/waste material from the department.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and understand production orders, blue prints and routings to group materials for production.
- Possess a working knowledge of SAP and be able to access SAP on a PC.
- Operate the stand-up and sit-down forklifts, electric hoists and other power equipment safely, to load, unload incoming and outgoing trucks and move materials within plant and between plants.
- Perform safety checks, including battery, brakes, lift controls, etc. in order to operate properly.
- Disburse parts to all designated areas and collect parts for orders and assembly requirements.
- Must keep inventory and materials organized and accessible.
- Uses material handling equipment appropriate for each type of requirement.
- Maintain safe operating practices at all times.
Skills and Experience
- Possess the skill and ability to operate all required mechanical equipment, including forklift training, personal computers, read and understand production orders and routings and read blue prints.
- Physical ability to do work requiring frequent standing, sitting and bending, as well as pushing, pulling and lifting up to 30 lbs. frequently.
- Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
- Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machines and inspect parts.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate the equipment properly.
- Successfully pass forklift certification training given by Gleason and/or an outside source chosen by Gleason.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.