Water Spider #2 - Mayville, WI
Location: Mayville, Wisconsin
Job Type: Not Specified
Gleason Reel Corporation is a worldwide leader in the production of industrial duty products for cable & hose management, mobile electrification and industrial workplace solutions. In February of 1996, Gleason Reel was acquired by Hubbell Inc., and became part of the Hubbell Electrical Systems Group. Along with Hubbell standards, our world-renowned brand names include: Gleason® Reels, Festoons and Conductor Bars, PowerTrak® Cable Carriers, as well as Qualtech® Document Stands which are sold under Hubbell Workplace Solutions® division.
600 South Clark St.
Mayville, WI 53050
The Water Spider #2 is an individual that will develop the skills and abilities listed below to perform their responsibilities with supervision or instruction. The Water Spider #2 will have the opportunity to advance to Water Spider #1 upon obtaining the necessary skills and experience.
- Supply production with required materials grouped according to production orders to enhance productivity and maintain product flow.
- Maintain “5S” organization of materials within the department.
- Deliver materials to areas specified, cycle count and operate the LeanLift.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and understand production orders, blue prints and routings to group materials for production.
- Possess a working knowledge of SAP and be able to access SAP on a PC.
- Operate forklifts, electric hoists and other power equipment to load, unload and move materials.
- Possess organizational skills and self-motivation to keep inventory and materials organized and accessible.
- Kitting stock orders, other departments, and cables for assembly.
- Pulling parts and putting parts away in various departments.
- Maintain safe operating practices at all times.
Skills and Experience
- Possess the skill and ability to operate all required mechanical equipment (LeanLift, etc.), personal computers, read and understand production orders and routings and read blue prints.
- Physical ability to do work requiring frequent standing, sitting and bending, as well as pushing, pulling and lifting up to 30 lbs. frequently.
- Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
- Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machines and inspect parts.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate the equipment properly.
- Successfully pass forklift certification training given by Gleason and/or an outside source chosen by Gleason.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.