Brake/Roll Operator #2
Location: Mayville, Wisconsin
Job Type: Not Specified
Gleason Reel Corporation is a worldwide leader in the production of industrial duty products for cable & hose management, mobile electrification and industrial workplace solutions. In February of 1996, Gleason Reel was acquired by Hubbell Inc., and became part of the Hubbell Electrical Systems Group. Along with Hubbell standards, our world-renowned brand names include: Gleason® Reels, Festoons and Conductor Bars, PowerTrak® Cable Carriers, as well as Qualtech® Document Stands which are sold under Hubbell Workplace Solutions® division.
600 South Clark St.
Mayville, WI 53050
To operate, set-up and tear down a variety of press brakes to perform forming operations on all types of material under the supervision of a Brake/Roll Operator #1 or lead person. Will have the opportunity to acquire the skills necessary to advance to Brake/Roll Operator #1 classification.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and understand blue prints and routings and produce parts from the information obtained from them to the required tolerances.
- Responsible for the quality of the parts being produced and perform first piece inspection and subsequent inspections to ensure overall quality.
- Responsible for taking care of routine maintenance and keep the work area clean and neat.
- Follow all rules regarding machine operation and proper machine guarding.
- Maintain simple reports on productivity, quality and safety.
Skills and Experience
- Possess and be able to use machinist squares, dial calipers, protractors and other inspection equipment to ensure the quality of the parts being produced. Must be equipped with all the required tools to perform the functions of their job.
- Physically able to do work requiring frequent standing and bending, as well as lifting, pushing and pulling up to 30 lbs. frequently.
- Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
- Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machines and inspect parts.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate the equipment properly.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.