Quality Coordinator II - Largo, FL
Location: Largo, Florida
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
6190 118th Ave N
Largo, FL 33773
The Quality Analyst will maintain the ISO/Quality Management system in compliance with ISO 9001 requirements. Plan, schedule and perform internal quality audits and provide principle administrative support for ISO audits and ISO certification activities.
Collect daily, weekly, and monthly data from appropriate sources to create and maintain meaningful tables, spreadsheets, charts, and graphs to identify continuous improvement opportunities. Assist QA and other department managers to provide leadership and guidance in applying quality reports and statistical process control (SPC) methods in support of continuous improvement initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain Beckwith QMS certification and keep current and consistent with evolving ISO 9001 requirements.
- Perform internal audits and support the Quality Manager with external audit requirements.
- Support the Director of Operations with customer audits that may arise.
- Provide support for, and participate in, the Quality Management Review process.
- Manage site Corrective Action process and take actions to make sure CARs meet requirements with regards to timing and effectiveness.
- Work with other departments and personnel to improve procedures and processes.
- Query and collect data using various sources.
- Analyze defect data and present data in various forums in a manner that provides actionable information.
- Monitor and publish standard reports with data, charts, and graphs in support of process performance changes.
- Manage process improvement using statistical process control (SPC) methods.
- Perform process audits of Production/Test/Inspection processes to assure quality of processes and products.
- Refer recognized problems to QA and other managers and supervisors.
Skills and Experience
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: BS/BA or Associates degree preferred. Minimum of 1 years’ experience working within a QMS controlled electronic manufacturing environment with quality/test responsibilities required. Education, training, or experience with ISO-9001 requirements and certification is required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in data collection and analysis methods.
- Familiarity with high tech (microprocessor-based) electronic products, and the processes involved in their manufacture.
- Basic understanding of the organization and functioning of a manufacturing-based technology business.
- Familiarity with statistical data collecting such as, but not limited to: Pareto Charts, Histograms, Individual Value and Line Plots.
- Excellent English grammar and speaking skills
EQUIPMENT/TOOLS: IBM PC or equivalent, Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word Programs, SAP, Printer, Photocopier, Telephone. Calipers, Multimeters, Pin Gages, Hole Gauges, Micrometers, Screwdriver, Torque Drivers, Electric Screwdriver, UV light Table, Microscope, Digital Camera, Soldering Iron, miscellaneous mechanical hardware.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.