Lean Coordinator - Broken Arrow, OK
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Responsible for sustaining the continuous improvement culture throughout the Hubbell Broken Arrow Facility. Make recommendations to improve productivity, quality, profitability, and the efficiency of operations. This includes training employees on Lean tools, planning and facilitating Kaizen events, monitoring performance vs. improvement targets, sustaining changes made during events and execution of continuous improvement projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate waste reduction (i.e. LEAN) initiatives through formal Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) events.
- Promote a LEAN culture through-out the facility – promoting, encouraging, and demanding.
- Employ the use of LEAN methodologies to drive improvement initiatives.
- Develop, track and report on metrics measuring the success derived from Kaizen events. (Site Kaizen Dashboard)
- Optimize manufacturing processes for the improvement of existing products and the introduction of new ones.
- Implement and update Value Stream Maps.
- Attend pertinent industry and/or LEAN training and seminars.
- Determine the most effective ways to use the basic factors of production—people, machines, materials, environment, information, and energy—to make a product.
- Support plant-wide Safety initiatives.
- Manage requests in a timely and professional way.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and by the needs of the business.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills, both on plant floor and in the office.
- Demonstrated initiative and desire to drive change and is motivated to exceed expectations.
- Demonstrated expertise in basic manufacturing principles.
- Exhibit proficiency in a wide range of process improvement tools for the identification and elimination of waste which include: problem solving/root cause analysis, instituting pull systems, TPM, 5S, visual management, SMED, VSM, standard work, etc.
- Lean, Lean Sigma, or Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt a plus.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Excel, Word and Power Point).
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of manufacturing shop floor and CIP experience.
- Must have excellent knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principles and methodologies.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.