Technician Injection Mold B - Broken Arrow
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
Process Technician sets up and maintains injection molding machines to ensure optimum operating efficiency. The role also provides support to the execution of the production schedule and applies knowledge of molding machine setup and operating techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate, implement, and monitor processes and operating systems for the manufacturing of plastic products.
- Set-up machine operating parameters to process parts to specifications using established procedures.
- Inspect sample parts for accuracy and quality.
- Perform equipment calibration and maintenance monitoring.
- Start injection molding machines and all necessary accompanying tools.
- Troubleshoot and correct problems at the press. Optimize cycle times for injection molding presses.
- Maintain and upkeep tools according to safety regulations, as well as the proper working order for machine operator.
- Perform routine mold changes on occasion, initiate cycle start-ups and be capable of processing and understanding a wide range of materials. Perform routine teardown and cleaning of barrels and screws. Perform routine preventive maintenance on tools/molds.
- Conform to all safety standards of the company.
Skills and Experience
- Possess a good understanding of various types of molding machines and how they operate.
- Ability to maintain good communication and use well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Good mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Must be cautious, concise and detail oriented.
- Must be able to engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, and pulling of parts and containers.
- Minimum of 3 years processing, sampling, set-up, and/or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
PHYSICALS DEMANDS & WORK ENVIROMENT:
- Ability to move about the facility moving product.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 54 pounds.
- Requires long periods of standing.
- Use of hands required extensively.
- Work usually takes place in a manufacturing/warehouse environment where conditions can be reflective of the outside elements.
- A full mask respirator with carbon filters or make up air, full paint suit and gloves must be always worn during the coating process to protect the painter from fumes and particles.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.