Automation Maintenance Technician
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
As the Automation Maintenance Technician your focus will be to conduct PM’s, component replacement/upgrade writing and modifying programs revolving around the support of all production equipment. Training will also be a large part of this position, training equipment operators on basic HMI and set up and training maintenance peers on basic to intermediate PLC programing. As equipment comes into the facility this position will be instrumental in identifying the needs to fully support all programing needs, spare electrical components (PLC’s, Drives, Sensors Ect ) and creating electrical and PLC PM’s and program backup schedules. This position will also be instrumental in working in a team setting performing root cause analysis, intermediate to advanced troubleshooting, process optimization, equipment/component upgrades and equipment electronic safety device integration ( light curtains, floor scanners, Ect).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have ability to program PLC’s such as Automation Direct, Siemens and Allen Bradley.
- Support existing automation through PM’s, component upgrades and process optimization.
- Support Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic and Hydraulic troubleshooting, repair and upgrade.
- Removes and replaces defective parts by dismantling devices.
- Adjusts equipment for optimal operation.
- Orders replacement parts
- Provides guidance, training, support, and mentorship to all Hubbell team members.
- Prepares maintenance reports.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications and in house training.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with Hubbell procedures, rules, and regulations and ensuring all team members do the same.
- Perform equipment adjustments using HMI’s, VFD’s and PLC programs.
- Must have high degree of mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Must have experience with CMMS, Lean Principles and 5S.
- All other duties as required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to:
Climb stairs and ladders, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, walk, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without help, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
Requires working in extreme weather conditions prevalent at the time of season both inside and out of the building.
Knowledge and proper use of safety equipment, i.e. safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes and other personal protective equipment where necessary.
The noise level in the factory work environment is usually loud.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to prioritize workload and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical schamatics.
- Ability to troubleshoot equiptment and find the root cause of the problem.
- Ability to use basic MS office programs, fill out PM’s and shift notes.
- Ability to Program PLC programs.
- Ability to resurch parts tools and equiptment need to complete task.
- Ability to clearly communicate with team members to assist with troubleshooting.
- Experance creating work orders, closing work orders utilizing CMMS systems
- Ability to train team members at all levels
- Thorough understanding of PLC’s, low voltage controls, three phase power distrobution, vision systems, electronic sensors and robotic controls.
- A commentant to Safe working pratices
- G & M Code and experance with Fanuic controls perfured.
- Forklift and scissors lift experance perfured.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some technical school education preferred.
- Minimum of three years related experience.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical systems, and other maintenance related areas.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively to various levels in the company.
- Work will require long periods of standing, kneeling, crouching and walking.
- Must be able to lift and carry 35 LBS
- Must have the ability to ware all applicable personal protective equipment, safety glasses, steel/safety toe boots, harnesses and ARC flash gear as needed to perform duties.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.