Quality Engineer - Hamilton, OH
Job Type: Not Specified
Connector Manufacturing Company (CMC)/Hubbell Incorporated
3501 Symmes Road
Hamilton, OH 45015
Responsible for the maintenance and reporting aspects of the quality management system at large. The quality engineer will demonstrate the ability to implement policies and procedures that enhance the awareness of quality, process controls, and continuous improvement of the quality management system. Must be able to communicate and convey information at all levels within the organization. Must be able to further the quality culture at CMC through training, corrective action, and specialized initiatives. Must have strong data analysis, process improvement, and project management skillset to assist in the generation, maintenance and reporting of key metrics and corrective actions for the Hamilton plant. Will also facilitate and manage corrective actions with Production staff members, assist with the reporting and investigation aspects of our nonconforming product area, process mapping, creation of standard operating procedures (SOPs), creation of inspection paperwork et al useful documentation for the factory floor, and develop standard work where applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate, monitor, evaluate, and work with department managers to complete assigned corrective actions. Verify effectiveness of correction actions implemented. Support the development of metrics tied to the corrective action program.
- Provide data inputs to assist in the communication of metrics reporting for the facility and to the entire CMC organization regarding the state of quality.
- Audit existing and new ISO-9001 processes/procedures for compliance based on ISO requirements and audit history.
- Possess working knowledge (and applications) of quality terminology/methodology, AQL sampling, trends, operation of measurement devices i.e., optical comparator, CMM, six sigma, statistical process control (SPC), metrology practices, design of experiments (DOE), et cetera.
- Knowledge and implementation of PPAPs/First Article Inspection to assist in the change management of manufactured product preferred. Ensure PPAP/FAI process is effectively deployed and assist in the completion of PPAPs/FAIs, when applicable.
- Be passionate about new technology and the pursuit of simplifying quality practices through acquisition/utilization of new equipment using our AFE process.
- Assist in the maintenance of supplier quality data, provide inputs for supplier scorecards and to leverage SAP, where applicable. Visiting supplier locations when needed.
- Develops and facilitates continuous improvement activities to streamline critical quality processes and to create flow/organization when necessary at the CMCH facility (limited in scope to quality department only).
- To create PFMEAs/Control Plans by product family to ensure that preventive/preventative measures will be taken to prevent recurrence of any quality issue.
- Other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A., B.S., B.E.) from four year college or university in Business, Engineering, Operations, Process, Quality Assurance or Science discipline.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience working as a quality engineer is preferred.
- Experience with SAP ERP is highly preferred.
- Experience in leading internal company audits and supplier audits is helpful, certification as a lead or internal auditor is advantageous.
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in data collection and analysis is required.
- Must be proficient in the creation of presentations, facilitating/delivering training, and public speaking.
- Must be able to use statistical tools such as Minitab or equivalent and have a working knowledge of statistical process control (SPC).
- Certified by ASQ (American Society for Quality) as a Quality Engineer is a plus.
- Prior experiences in manufacturing of any kind are helpful.
- Ability to travel up to 20% is necessary.
- Bilingual in French, Spanish or both languages is a bonus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.