QA Inspector B - Weekend Shift - Broken Arrow
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
The individual will be responsible for performing tests on products at various stages of production to ensure that customer specifications are being met and company quality standards are followed and is consistent with current ISO and safety requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform random in-process inspections to verify the specifications of the process are being maintained.
- Perform first piece inspection upon completion of setups.
- Report any discrepancies to the department supervisor.
- When necessary, coordinate rework of products.
- Assists with quality training to ensure all employees are educated on proper techniques to achieve quality requirements.
- Understand what happens if the sample part meets the prints specifications. Demonstrate what happens if they don’t meet the specs, who is notified and how.
- Know the options which are considered when making a disposition on nonconforming product, the importance of immediately notifying management and preventing the use of the product.
- Know the different functions of inspection including material identification, roving inspections of operations, receiving inspection, nonconformities.
Skills and Experience
- Individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily and meet the physical demands to successfully perform the essential function of this job. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or physical ability required.
- Associate degree preferred, or High School Diploma/GED must be able to perform basic reading, writing Prior experience reading manual calipers.
- Employee should be familiar with current ISO requirements and with engineering drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally and written.
- Basic mathematical skills are required. Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide.
- Ability to understand and carry out detailed written and verbal instructions.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.