Marketing Communications Intern (Summer 2024) - Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
The Marketing Communications Intern – Content position offers a variety of opportunities to support the organization in the development and implementation of its marketing content. The intern will work on projects under the direction of the marketing communications manager and marketing associates, Opportunities can vary from working on campaign messaging for emails and social media, content for collateral, internal communications, marketing platforms, calendaring and other assignments.
The Marketing Communications Intern – Content will typically support one or more experienced marketing communications staff members in the performance of assignments. They will spend time shadowing staffers and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the Content team. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Work on comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Perform in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Create an end-of-summer presentation to the local management team
Duties and Responsibilities
- Detailed roles and responsibilities for project will be outlined prior to the start of the internship dependent on location and the project outlined.
- Roles and Responsibilities will vary by Hubbell business location, but may include the following:
- Gain knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location
- Obtain experience in planning and organizational skills
- Review current marketing program activities to make recommendations for changes or improvements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Expectations: The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
Skills and Experience
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor or Master degree in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, or Writing (with emphasis on business or professional writing)
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to think critically, analyzing and evaluating possible solutions and recommending and acting on solutions
- Willingness to dig in and learn marketing platforms with which they may be unfamiliar
- Experience producing content outside of academia (blogs, social media, website content or other) preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of the various forms of marketing content and willingness to learn their appropriate applications
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.