Manager Sourcing - Services
Location: Aiken, South Carolina, Archdale, North Carolina, Arden, North Carolina, Avon, Connecticut, Greenville, South Carolina, Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Manager Sourcing - Services, will develop and execute sourcing strategies for assigned categories and/or assigned items. Assigned items may include, but not limited to all Travel, Fleet, Marketing, and Professional Services needs/items for the enterprise. Plan and implement activities for cost reduction with cost being defined as cost, payment terms, lead-time, and quality of assigned category products. Document and maintain AVL's (approved vendor lists) for assigned categories and sub-categories to support all Hubbell business units. Provide leadership to the organization with respect to assigned category. Prioritize and maintain balance between cost of acquisition and cost of possession to maximize return on investment including methodologies to maximize working capital. Balance workload across all Hubbell Incorporated sites and the two Hubbell Platforms; Hubbell Utility Systems and Hubbell Electrical Solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead/support supplier-related activities, including negotiation, evaluation/selection, relationship management, and continuous improvement.
- Category responsibilities are inclusive of all Fleet, Travel, and Marketing, and other Professional Services categories as well as other items as business needs arise.
- Work closely with all Business Unit Supply Chain, Product Management, Legal, IT, and Finance to develop and maintain technology and/or product strategies.
- Track and report on supplier strategies, monitoring spend, business allocation, capability gap analysis and facilitate cross-functional review and evaluation to Corporate Sourcing Leadership and/or Business Units as needed.
- Develop strategies for the mitigation of risk in the supply chain, overall and for specific new product programs.
- Identify appropriate competitive benchmarks and implement approved process changes necessary to achieve first quintile performance in benchmark group.
- Travel requirements <10%, as needed to support Corporate initiatives
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, MIS, or other technical or business field
- 5+ years of experience in Procurement, involving sourcing activities servicing Corporate needs for Travel, Fleet, Marketing or other Services, as needed
- Proficiency in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated negotiation experience
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with SAP and Power BI
- Understanding of, or experience working with Concur
- Master’s degree/other professional certificate(s) a plus
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.