Assistant Controller - EIG Division - Westbury, NY (Hybrid)
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
This Senior level Accounting position, based in Westbury, NY, will insure adherence to Hubbell Accounting Policies, Practices, and Controls. The position will serve as the right-hand team member to the Controller and be key in preparing an accurate and timely monthly financial close and statement, while assisting with the day-to-day management of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to work hands on within the business and communicate effectively up the chain of command. Work side by side with the Controller to ensure controls are in place and timely required reporting is completed.
- Review all monthly balance sheet reconciliations for timely submission to corporate team.
- Assist the Controller with the development of the Annual Operating Plan and Profit Objectives for the Business along with forecasts throughout the year.
- Analyze and prepare the monthly financial package with variance write up and timely submission.
- Participate in monthly results discussion of variances.
- Participate in meetings with Controller as needed.
- Monitor and understand the monthly cycle count results and physical inventory with the Cost Accountant.
- Assure adherence to SOX and Hubbell Accounting practices and federal, state and local.
- Work with Internal and External Auditors as required.
- Training and coaching of financial staff as needed.
- Manage your responsibilities for month end JE’s and reconciliations.
- Lead role in future SAP conversion.
- Special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Strong hands on SAP experience and OneStream a significant plus; internal controls/SOX experience required.
- Proficiency in MS Office required
- 5+ years cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years of general accounting experience
- Ability to travel on business related trips; ability to communicate; ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment as required.
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications and will be discussed during the interview process. The salary range for this role is $120,0000-$155,000 per year. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.